VO2 Max+ Testing Right Here in the Upper Valley
Unlock your potential with PNOE
Trusted by hundreds of professional sports organizations and health professionals, this non-invasive test precisely and accurately analyzes your unique physiology. PNOE utilizes a breath by breath analysis of oxygen and CO2 exchange in conjunction with heart rate to determine how your body uses the air you breathe, how you convert fuel to energy, and how that energy powers your performance.
Frustrated With Plateauing Results?Stop pushing harder on the gas and find out what’s keeping your foot on the brakes with PNOE Performance Diagnostics at Cioffredi & Associates.
Resting Metabolic Test
The Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test provides you with important metabolic data in just 10 minutes:
- The breakdown of fuel sources your body uses at rest – Your body uses a mix of carbs and fats for energy to sustain life and power you through your day. A high reliance on fat as a resting fuel source is an indicator of cellular health and is associated with a lower likelihood of weight gain.
- Metabolic Rate
- Daily Caloric Needs – Lends insight to the amount of energy (calories) your body requires to maintain, gain or lose weight based on your true physiology rather than guesswork.
Active Metabolic Test/VO2 Max Test
The active metabolic test consists of 12-20 minutes of intense exercise. The report gives you detailed information regarding your body’s physiology as it relates to performance. The PNOE system performs a breath by breath analysis which is combined with heart rate and test intensity in order to get a better picture of cardiorespiratory fitness.
- VO2max – This is your aerobic capacity or level of fitness.
- Fat-Max – The heart rate at which you burn the most fat (versus carbohydrates) for fuel.
- Heart Rate Zones – HR Zones are an essential tool for effective training. Most amateur runners have a tendency to run too hard for their easy runs, and not hard enough for their hard runs. Having accurate HR zones based on your true physiology versus estimated HR zones from wearables is a game-changer when it comes to maximizing training benefits.
The PNOE algorithm utilizes your workout goals and test results to give a recommendation for weekly exercise programming in order to facilitate change where you need it to increase your physical capacity. This breakdown will help you better understand the time you should be spending on cardio, strength and interval training to address your current limitations and push your physical performance to the next level.
Active Testing can be performed either (1) Running on a Treadmill or (2) Cycling on a Smart Trainer or Your Bicycle.