Running Performance Evaluations
A Running Evaluation is a comprehensive examination and assessment designed to help runners improve their form and decrease risk of injury. At Cioffredi & Associates, our goal is to give you the specific insight and tools you need to optimize your training, push your limits, and enjoy running for the long-term.
What to Expect
During your appointment, a Performance Physical Therapist who specializes in working with runners will break down your unique biomechanics with a comprehensive testing program that will include:
- In-Depth Interview: To determine your unique training history, current/previous injuries, relevant past medical history, and establish goals.
- Targeted Table Examination: To determine relevant range of motion, flexibility, and strength impairments.
- Run-Specific Strength & Functional Movement Testing
- Treadmill Video Analysis: To observe run mechanics including footstrike, cadence, step width, etc.
- Running Footwear Evaluation
Using these findings, your Performance PT will work with you to develop customized strategies to get you to your goals. This may include recommendations for modification/improvement of your current training, development of an individualized strength training program, and/or run-specific drills to improve running form and efficiency.
Who Can Benefit
Our running evaluation service is beneficial for runners of all levels, including recreational runners, high school and college athletes, and professional runners. Whether you are looking to push your performance to the next level or find sustainable ways of enjoying your activity-level for life, our running evaluation service can help.
If you are interested in our Performance Physical Therapy Running Evaluation service or have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to helping you reach your goals!